Monday, March 4, 2013

What Do You Read?

                                      I love to read! 
    I love to read books, magazines, seed catalogs and your blogs!
 The pipeliner said if I didn't have anything to read, I would probably read the side of a cereal box. (I have done that!)

The only bad thing is the collection of magazines that over run the house!. I have decided now that the pipeliner is back to work I am going to go thru them. Many are dog-eared for things I want to rip out and save.

               One of my favorite magazines lately has been Grit.

Does anybody remember when this used to come in newspaper form?

I remember reading it at my grandmothers house.

I subscribed to this magazine for a few years. Then I decided to give the subscription to my library. I can read it there, and others can enjoy it as well.

Another favorite:

Their covers look so tastey!

Again, I subscribed to it until my library started putting it on their shelves to be checked out. If I find a recipe I really like I can just go to the website and download it.

My parents give this one to me every year as a Christmas present.



I have found so many neat places to visit, eat at or stay in my area through this great magazine.

A lot of my friends don't pick up magazines anymore, they read them online.

Not me!

I love to look at all the glossy pictures!
I love to read a few pages and then put it down for awhile.
My favorite is soaking in a hot bubble bath, reading glasses on and a stack of magazines on the edge of the tub!

Just came back from the library with a new batch to go through.



The weatherman has a winter weather warning posted for us tonight and tomorrow.
I say bring it on!
I am all stocked up!

Liz

11 comments:

  1. Although I've cut waaaay back on my magazine subscriptions (I used to get about 20 every month - now down to about 6) I still prefer to hold them, and books, in my hands. Online just doesn't provide the same experience in my opinion. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 20? Wow, I thought I subscibed to a lot at 10! lol..I'm with you like to hold a book in my hand!

      Delete
  2. I love books and magazines. Some of my favorites are "This Old House", "Country Living", MaryJanes Farm, Hobby Farms, Mother Earth News and the list goes on :)
    I try to check them out of the library. I have considered getting a subscription to This Old House but haven't done it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Liz! You are so right girl!!! I want the magazines! There is just something better about flipping through them and tearing out pages which you can't do online! I love Cooking Light!!! I was a huge fan of Cottage living and I like Better Homes and Gardens too...oh and Fine Gardening! I could go on and on!!! I wonder if we are going to get this snow???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey you!!! We are close to 7 too!!!! My kids were having a blast out there though I had to knock the snow off some of my plats because some were literally on the ground!!! Take care and stay warm!!!

      Delete
  4. I would rather hold books or magazines in my hand - I love magazines, but sadly they are getting quite expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't read magazines much any more. But my favorites were Reader's Digest and Good Housekeeping. I will still read those when I see them (like at the doctor's office).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love magazines too. I see magazines all the time at Salvation Army for less than a dollar. A good magazine never gets old to me.
    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today. I appreciate it so much. Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I buy a few magazines, but most have a lot of info online these days. Wanted to get back with you on the sourdough starter...yes, put it up on top of the fridge or oven. I set it on a potholder and wrap with a towel to keep it warm.
    Farmhouse hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love magazines too and it looks like you are the exact same tastes! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love magazines too, but don't buy them much since they are so pricey and often filled with so many advertisements. With pinterest now, I feel like that helps curb my appetite for magazines, but must admit, I've bought two in the last week. I think it's the spring thing.
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete