Sunday, April 27, 2014

My WOW

This week my Bible study group finished our time together until we resume again mid-September.

The group I belong to is called WOW,
Women of the Word.

But WOW would also describe some of the moments that I have had while in the presence of the Lord and this wonderful group of women.

One being the Women's Retreat we attended a few weeks ago.


There were over 800 women in attendance!

My Bible Study group represented 18 out of those 800.


The morning began with a buffet style breakfast which featured quiches, tasty pastries, muffins and fresh fruit.

We were called into the main event hall for singing and worship.

It still sends chills down my spine thinking back to the sound of all those voices harmonizing,
lifting up our songs to God.

After this special time,
we were introduced to the guest speaker,
Lysa TerKeurst.


She was beyond inspiring!
Her message was a very powerful one.


At some points of her sharing,
I don't think there was a dry eye anywhere!

Lysa is the founder of Proverbs 31 Ministries.

Please take a moment to check out her website.

During break time we were all given prayer request cards.
You could write down a request for yourself or for someone else.
These requests were put into big baskets.

At the end of our wonderful God inspired day,
the baskets were passed through the rows and each women took out a card.
We would begin praying for the request on the card and commit to it for 2 weeks.

We were then asked to stand and receive a special prayer for each situation that might be listed on the card.


Such a powerful moment!

This is something our group would like to add to our prayer time.

What a special and emotionally uplifting day it was.

My friend, whom I got to invite after another lady backed out, blessed me more by purchasing a book written by Lysa.


I asked my friend if she cared when I was done with it,
I passed it on to others.

She loved the idea!

So that is what I am doing today.

Please leave me a message and on Wednesday I will draw to see who gets to be the lucky reader.

All I ask is that you pass it on after you read it.

I am going to miss this special group of women over the summer!
Thursday mornings just don't feel right until we get back together.

But I feel so incredibly blessed to study God words with these amazing ladies,
WOW!


Liz









8 comments:

  1. Wow. You are very blessed to have a Bible study group that size. That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is only about half of our group! I am blessed beyond words to have met all of these ladies!

      Delete
  2. What a great post and what a great bunch of ladies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! These ladies have been such a blessing in my life!

      Delete
  3. Sounds like an extraordinary retreat! And this book looks very intriguing! I will be jumping over to her website here in a minute! I have the best memories from going on retreats when I was younger! You have just inspired me to make it a point to go on one now! A wonderful week to you friend and thank you so much for sharing! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never been to a Womens Retreat before. It was amazing beyond words! Enjoy this rainy week!!
      Liz

      Delete
  4. How wonderful. Our Bible Study group just finished 2 weeks ago and we start up again in September. I can't wait. Sometimes I think there is nothing much better than a group of women who love to study God's word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! I have learned so much from this great group of ladies!

      Delete