Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Round-Up

Wow, its been a week since my last post!
I sure didn't mean to be gone this long.
Things just got busy.

My daughter is finally out of the Army!

She is back home with her little guy!


I got to tag along for his check-up.


He is so darn funny!

Then we ended up with some wicked weather rolling thru the end of last week.


Somebody sent me this picture of a tornado touching down near our farm.

Thankfully it was a few miles away.
The only real damage it did was to some trees in a nearby state park.



When I left for the farm to check out the storm damage I decided to stay out there for a few days.
And I never even bothered to pack my laptop!
It sure felt nice to be away from the internet for awhile.

I spent most of my time working in the yard.
Pulling weeds in the garden.
Weed wacking around the house.


Sunday night the grandson came out to enjoy some time with grandpa.


He already loves golf cart rides!

Today I am headed back out to the farm to start picking cherries.
But my first stop is going to be at the u-pick strawberry patch not far from us.

Tomorrow let the jam making begin!

Liz




16 comments:

  1. Scary weather! Enjoy having your daughter finally home :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate storms! Spent an hour in our storm room. Hope that weather is done with!

      Delete
  2. Yikes, scary weather!

    Cute baby :)
    Have fun with your jam, that is on our to do list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The strawberries go so fast around here, I am ready for a spoonful now!

      Delete
  3. Strawberry jam, I love it.

    I am so glad your daughter is home safe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUM!!! Jam sounds divine as do the cherries! I am so glad the storm didn't hit you all! As for disconnecting, I think that it is good to do that so you can recharge!!! Your sweet sweet adorable grandson is just so precious! I am so glad your daughter gets to love on him non-stop now!!! And I love that picture of him with his grandpa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Last year I sold every jar of strawberry jam at the Farmers Market. This year I am putting some away for me! We sure enjoy the grandson!

      Delete
  5. Boy you did have some scary weather! Glad not much damage was done. Sounds like you had a great time away from the internet. A good time to unplug. I'm also very glad your daughter is home safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope those spring storm are gone for awhile! Very happy to have the daughter home!

      Delete
  6. YAY for having the daughter home! :)
    Those storm clouds are nasty looking! Yikes!!
    All boys love golf cart rides, young and old alike!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This grandma love golf cart rides around the farm too!

      Delete
  7. Yummy...strawberry jam or just sliced strawberries with a touch of sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That tornado photo is crazy! Yikes! I'm glad you didn't get any bad damage from it. I bet it is so wonderful to have your daughter home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Liz...you are so lucky to be a grandmother. I have two sons that are in their twenties and I know that is still young but I am so ready to have some grandbabies...:))))) And your grandson is so precious! So glad the bad weather didn't get you. Have a great weekend!! And thank you for stopping by My Ordinary Country Life and leaving a comment...:)))

    ReplyDelete