Sunday, January 20, 2013

Beagle Bites

The pipeliner and I are leaving tomorrow to visit the new grandson.
 I am so excited!
 The only sad thing about it is the puppies have to be boarded at a kennel while we are gone.
 The kennel owner is awesome, so I really don't worry about them to much. They have a doggy door that lets them have access to the outside all day. She enourages you to bring their own blankets, toys and treats. Its like a vacation for the dogs!
I thought I would send their favorite treat with them. They love these puppy treats. Sadly I don't make them that often. I don't know why, because they are super easy and really tastey! (yes I have tried them)

                                                              



                               
 

                                                           BEAGLE BITES

1 cup   all purpose flour
1 cup   whole wheat flour
3 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp.  instant rolled oats
1 tsp.   garlic powder
2/3 cup water
1 tsp. beef bouillon powder

Combine ingrediants in large bowl until dough forms. Turn out onto lightly floured surface. Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut out with bone-shaped or doggie shaped cookie cutters. Place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake in 375 F. for about 15 minutes.

After 15 minutes take out of oven.  Combine 1 1/2 tsp. water & 1 tsp. gravy browner in small cup.  Turn doggie treats over. Brush with mixture over entire treat. Bake 10 more minutes. Take out of oven, turn treat over and baste treat on the otherside. Return to the oven for 10 more minutes.
Cool on rack.
Makes about 2 dozen treats.


I hope your puppies enjoy these treats as much as my dogs do!

Liz





2 comments:

  1. oh that is so cool. I will make these for my babies this week!! Have a safe fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new grandson! I just got back from the hospital.. I watched my daughter give birth to my first grandchild!!1 It's a boy!!! Amazing!!!He is such a cutie :) Have a safe, happy trip

    ReplyDelete