Monday, October 17, 2016

Back in the Swing of Things

Wow, almost 3 months since I have even attempted to write an entry!

I do try to get online and at least read some of my favorites in blog land.

But this summer sure has been an exceptionally busy one around here.

I read other bloggers entries, 
they seem to be just as busy as myself.

I wonder how they do it all, 
then have time to blog about it?

Something I am trying to work on!

Most of my summer seemed to be consumed with my new business,
flower farming.


I did quite a few vases of flowers for others.



My main focus of getting the word about my flowers came through a couple of local farmers markets.


The bouquets went fast most mornings.
As well as flowers I sold my homemade noodles and crusty breads.

The flowers and bread also did well at our local county fair.



We got a new addition to the farm!


Lilly the goat!

She was a 50th birthday present from the pipeliner.
Another project I would like to take on is making my own goats milk products.
I am still doing more research before this project starts.

We also had a wedding!


The daughter was married on October 1st.

I did all of the flowers for her wedding.





The weekend after the wedding was one of the biggest festivals I have taken on yet.
The foot traffic can be as many as 10,000 people!


No fresh cut flowers, something I need to plan better for next year.

But I sold out of all my bouquets of broom corn and pumpkins on a stick.


As well as 20 loaves of crusty bread!
What a busy day!

This big guy sure has grown into such a great helper!


I can hardly believe that he has started pre-school this fall!

This week is the first week that I wont have to think about getting anything ready for the farmers market. We had the season ending market on Saturday.
Now is the time to sit back and look over all of my notes that I took over the summer.
Figure out what didn't work,
expand on the things that did work.

Begin writing my business plan for next year.

I think all of that can wait for a week or two.

For now I am just going to relax for a little bit


Enjoy the view around me
and recharge!

Liz



















4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I missed all my blog friends wonderful posts!

      Delete
  2. Wow, Liz!!! You were busy this summer! Your business took off like a shot! Did you plan it earlier to grow flowers or were you already growing them for pleasure? Becuase you didn't share your idea until the end of July and that's a little late for starting to grow things! LOL! So happy for you and I so admire you just 'going for it'...you did great! Yes, you deserve a rest now and enjoy the fall season! Hope you can blog more now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always grown for pleasure but always took some to the farmers market. This year I decided to plant for selling. Next year I want to focus on a u-pick farm. Lots of things to think and plan for over the winter.

      Delete