Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Ready for 2016

Another year has come and is almost gone.

I have been trying make a list of things I want to accomplish for the upcoming new year.

But to do that you must reflect on the good and bad things that have happened this past year.

My biggest disappointment had to have been my garden.


We had to many big rains at the beginning of the growing season.
My poor plants never could recover!
Oh I can hardly wait to get my hands back in the dirt!

The next disappointment were the lose of my bees.


I have read so many bee books over the summer.
I also joined our local bee keepers group giving me access to
so many knowledgeable bee keepers in the area.
I feel confident on re-starting my hives come spring!

My little flock of chickens took up residence in the coop, 
giving me eggs and hours of entertainment.


Next spring we want to try meat birds for the first time.
Maybe add a few more layers to the bunch.

We welcomed this guy to the family in June.


He has tried my patience many of times over the months,
but has been a new constant companion while the pipeliner spent many months out of town this year.

Then of course there is this guy!


He has brought grandma so many laughs and hugs,
its hard to remember a time when he wasn't in our lives!

We don' get to spend as much time together as I would like


but my family always brings me the most happiness of all!

Lots of new things coming in 2016!


The start of our new trucking business!

I have decided to re-start my fresh cut flower business as well.


I already see lots of hard work in our future.

 These new business ventures scare the heck out of me!

I have copied these 4 signs to hang on my office wall for inspiration!





God has been so good to us already!




May your New Year be filled with the excitement I am feeling already!



Liz





















3 comments:

  1. Praying God' blessings as you start your two new businesses. Looking forward to hearing about your experiences. I cannot believe how big your grandson is getting. Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your new business! Your grandson and dog are the best! Here's wishing you the best in the coming year, Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Liz,
    So glad you stopped by my blog as I don't want to lose touch with you. So glad to talk to a fellow "Illinoian?"..lol. I remember your blog from awhile ago but somehow it slipped away from me again. I've written it down this time! You look way too young to be a grandmother! What a cutie he is! I am one several times over and they're still young...another reason I want to get back up North.
    I love your quotes and I feel the same way this year. It's exciting but also overwhelming at times but our faith will get us through! So sorry about your garden and your bees. I can't wait to get back to that good soil and garden again. I will be stopping by as I've written down your blog address and will put it on my blog list! This is going to be a great year for all of us! P.S. My Mother's name was "Liz" after Elizabeth. Love that name!

    ReplyDelete