Thursday, August 1, 2013

Just waiting

Waiting for the grass to dry out.



Mowing is on the top of my to-do list today.

On my morning walk around the yard, I found a few other things I am waiting on.


I am waiting for the humming birds to find their way to my feeder.
I had so many at my feeder in town, will they ever find their way to the country?
Sure do miss them!


Waiting on my first ripe tomato!
The garden got a late start this year.

So the tomatoes will take a little longer to ripen.



This will be a late summer wait.
I have lots of butternut squash on the vine.
Last year my crop got wiped out from a vine eating bug.



Waiting to pick a big vase full of sunflowers!
This is the only guy blooming right now.



Really waiting for the concrete guy to come out and finish pouring the approach to the barn.
The piles of gravel and weeds are driving me nuts!



I have waited since picking these beauties last night, for breakfast.

They will be tasty on my bowl full of cereal.

Off to enjoy them while watching the grass dry!

Liz






10 comments:

  1. Raspberries are my favorite!
    We are still waiting on tomatoes too.
    Lovely view :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its funny because pretty soon we will be saying what the heck are we going to do with all of those tomatoes!! lol...

      Delete
  2. My most wanted on your waiting list would be a big ripe tomato! Hope your waiting will be over soon and I hope you enjoyed your berries this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like fried green tomatoes, but am so ready for a red one!

      Delete
  3. Waiting can be hard. Your raspberries look delicious. If you plant a bunch of bright red or pink flowers near that hummingbird feeder, you will attract every bird in 5 counties to your house. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if the greenhouses around me have any red flowers left. Thanks for the great idea!

      Delete
  4. So much wonderful going on here friend!! Your crops are looking outstanding and how awesome is it to have fresh raspberries!!! And the squash!!! YUM! So glad you are in your new home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly is wonderful being out in the middle of the country! We need a little rain for our garden soon!

      Delete
  5. Wish we could send some of our abundant Summer rain your way. Our hummingbirds appeared in early July and we can hardly keep the red sugar feeder filled. They're pretty aggressive little critters! The tomatoes started coming in full-force two weeks ago and we're literally living on BLT's - it's a delicious time of year! -- Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know what you mean about waiting for it to dry. We've had so much rain lately! This is our first year for growing butternut squash and they look a lot like yours right now. I hope ours don't get ruined by any pests!

    ReplyDelete