Sunday, January 6, 2013

Things on a Sunday

 
 
This is the view we enjoyed while working at the farmhouse today. Snowflakes floating down in huge, puffy, flakes.
So pretty!
 
We are working on the upstairs. The last 2 rooms that need to be done.
 
We removed a window when the new siding was installed. The hubby has been working hard to fill it in. I think it looks pretty good.
 
 
A few cracks around the drywall surrounding the chimney.
 
 
Its a funny room. You enter it as soon as you reach the top of the steps. We have decided to make it our sitting room. Our bedroom is in the far door opening.
 
 
This is our little bedroom. The last coat of paint went on today. The carpet has been ordered and will be installed on Tuesday!
 
 
 
 
I am so excited to get this room done! Probably more excited to start decorating it.
 
Tonight I am going to relax on the couch and work on this little cross stitch pattern. Its a July 4th pattern that I found in an old copy of Country Women magazine.
 
Tomorrow is back to the farmhouse for some more sanding and painting. Fingers crossed by the end of the week I can have both projects done!
 
Liz

5 comments:

  1. It looks like you and your husband are accomplishing alot! It really looks great! Decorating is always something to look forward to...My fingers are crossed :)

    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cross stitch pattern. I really need to get back to some of my crafts again. Plus we have some rooms that need painting too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that would be my ultimate dream I think...to remodel an old farmhouse, and make it a home! I'm sure it will be amazing!
    Liz-I'll be posting about the Valentine's Swap tomorrow evening with further details and who your partner will be. Would you mind sending me an email to
    ericaabryan@hotmail.com ? I just need an email that will be best for me to give to your swap partner!
    Thanks,
    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz, thanks for stopping by. I'm working on a hankie display that is made from a vintage spoon rack. I'll be featuring it on a future post. I also have seen them used as a kitchen valance. They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forwarded to seeing how you decorate it and how it all looks. I bet you are looking forwarded to sleeping in your new room.

    ReplyDelete